The Christmas Song Book Tag
This tag comes from Telling Stories Together. He posts a lot of really excellent pieces of flash fiction. So if you’re ever looking for a read that won’t take up much of your time, head on over to his blog.
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
Most recent instance is Number 5 from the Lorien Legacies series. That guy is crazy. Crazy awesome.
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
All Rights Reserved. It’s been getting lukewarm reviews, but it’s premise is the most fascinating to me. Hopefully my expectations aren’t too high.
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
Inej from Six of Crows. That scene where she has to scale in the inside of the chimney is pretty incredible.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list? b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
Naughty list: Kaz Brekker
Nice list: Isla Flynn
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Ha ha. I’m from Canada, so most books take place in another country.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
Harry Potter. The kid seems to know how to make the best of just about any situation. Plus he always ends up with magical gifts.
9. “Baby, it’s Cold Outside”: Which book would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself against the cold?
Is this supposed to be sacrificing a book that I like? It must be. Otherwise, there’d be too many to name, starting with the Twilight series and Fifty Shades of Gray. If it’s supposed to be a book I like, I’ll have to go with The Lord of Rings. Purely as a logical choice, though. Lots and lots of pages.
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
Anyone familiar with my blog knows exactly what I’m going to say: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
11. “Father Christmas” by the Kinks: Which book was just mean, i.e. it made you ask the author “Why are you making me read this?” even though you couldn’t put it down?
1984 by George Orwell. It’s so good, but it’s like being tortured at the end.
I feel like I’ve been doing a ton of tags lately, so the only person I’m going to tag is… YOU! If you’re reading this, and want to do this tag, consider yourself TAGGED!